Late summer just asks for tacos. This colorful slaw has been a big hit at Taco Nights! It makes full use of the abundance and diversity of late summer veggies.
- 10 medium carrots, shredded
- 1 large cucumber, julienne
- 1 summer squash, julienne
- 1 red pepper, julienne
- 1 green pepper, julienne
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced or some milder hot peppers
- 1 bunch scallions, julienne (including greens)
- Optional — some Napa or other Cabbage, diced
- 1/2 c. champagne vinegar or Artesano Honey Wine Vinegar
- 2 T honey
- 1 tsp salt (plus more to taste)
- 1 T Red Pepper Flakes or a bit of fresh hot pepper
- 1/2 c. chopped cilantro for garnish
- Combine all cut vegetable and pepper matter in a large bowl.
- Whisk together dressing ingredients.
- Toss the slaw with dressing 15 – 30 minutes before serving. Season to taste.
- Garnish with cilantro just before serving.