Stay Put & Adventure Here
Walk out the door and feast on your options. Relax overlooking the gardens or animals grazing on pasture, or get active with a trail walk, snowshoe or ski, a pond swim, catching fire-flies, salamandering or star-gazing. If you are hungry for more hands-on farming, check out the farm experience offers.
- Each overnight stay includes a guided farm tour where you will see the gardens and meet the animals (pigs, chickens, goats and more), as well as learn about our farm practices and philosophy.
- The pond is a great spot for swimming, wading, frog hunting or just relaxing with a book.
- There are trails in our woods which are great for walking as well as snowshoeing and skiing in the winter.
- Boaz and Shipman’s brooks cut through our woods and are great spots for dipping your feet or just listening to the water run across the rocks.
- Stroll over to the farmstand and purchase farm produce and cook up your own local farm fresh meal.
- Additional farm-related activities can be scheduled, but are not included in the nightly lodging price.
Green Mountain Girls Farm is so beautiful and Mari and Laura are so friendly and caring. My six-year old son had so much fun petting and feeding the animals. His favorite part was moving the turkeys and collecting eggs! He said he wants to be a farmer when he grows up. He was really able to make an important connection about where the food we eat comes from and how important the farmers are in that process. Thanks again – we will definitely be back and will recommend this experience to all our friends!
– Amanda, farmstay guest
Explore Vermont from Our Central Location!
The beauty of being 2 minutes from I-89, smack in the middle of Vermont, is that you can also scoot out in any direction to ski, hike, antique, or visit other farms, farmer’s markets or great restaurants, including our partners in the Floating Bridge Food and Farm Cooperative.
- Killington, Pico, Sugarbush and Stowe: less than 1 hour from the farm
- Norwich University: less than 10 minutes
- Montpelier: 15 minutes
- Ben & Jerry’s: 30 minutes
- Burlington airport and downtown: 1 hour