Lots of great new fall veggies this week including fresh carrots, Brussels Sprouts, potatoes and sweet potatoes and don’t forget the beets! So many great veggies to enjoy raw, roasted, baked, mashed and in soups & stews.
Tip of the week — you don’t need to peel our beets – just scrub and enjoy, like you do with carrots – the skin is fine to eat since we manage organically.
Any items marked with “Lots” is available in processing volumes. If you plan to do so let us know and we will harvest extra.
This week at our Farmstand you can find:
Fresh/Stored Veggies & Fruits
• Beets, LOTS!
• Brussels Sprouts
• Cabbage, Savoy & Red LOTS!
• Delicata Squash
• Green Tomatoes
• Napa Cabbage
• Onions, Red & Yellow
• Peppers – Sweet & Hot! (last week!)
• Pesto: Basil, Cilantro, Garlic Scape
• Sweet Potatoes
• Winter Squash, Red Kuri & Buttercup
Herbs -Pick Your Own & Farmstand
• Parsley (last week)
• Pork Belly
• Bones, Pork & Goat
• Chicken, Roasting!
• Country Style Ribs
• Fat, Pork Leaf
• Fat, Pork Back
• Pork Jowl
• Ground Goat
• Goat Ribs/Goat Breast
• Ham Steaks & Roasts
• Partial Leg of Goat Roasts
• Offals – all sorts!
• Pork Chops
• Pork Ribs
• Pork Roasts
• Shanks, Goat
• Shanks, Pork (un-smoked Ham)
• Smoked Polish Sausage
From the Pantry & Prepared Foods
• Applesauce – from our organic,heirloom varieties
• Dill Refrigerator Pickles
• Dilly Beans & Zydeco Beans
• Green Tomato Pickles (smokey & Relish)
• Hot Sauces – canned & frozen
• Lemon Pickles
• Asian-style Plum Sauce
• Roasted Red Pepper Sauce/spread
• Heirloom Tomato Salsa
• Canned Heirloom Tomatoes – by variety
• Tomato Paste
• Dried Hot Peppers
• Farmhouse Soups:Vegetarian Borscht, Southwestern Squash & Carrot Potato Leek
From our Friends
• FRESH pizzas from Field Stone Farm – this week: Basil Pesto with sun-dried tomatoes; Carmalized onions with apple & Cheddar; Garlic Tomato Sauce with toasted pine nuts
• Maple Syrup from Brookfield Bees
• BEANS! – Black Beans & King of the Early from Morningstar Meadows Farm
• Pumpkin Puree from Two Worlds Farm
• Cider Syrup from Brookfield Bees
• Honey from Brookfield Bees
• Caramel from Fat Toad Farm
• Organic Shopping Bags from Spotted Dog Farm
*Items in italics and from our farm friends are not included in the Omnivore Share, but are available to Omnivore’s at a 10% discount.