In honor of this summery weather and fresh chickens!
- Chicken (1…or more)
- Olive oil, bacon fat, lard, poultry fat
- Lime juice
- dried tomatoes
- dried currants
- Fennel (optional but adds a nice crunch)
1. Roast your chicken(s). We prefer Mark Bittman’s Simple Roast Chicken recipe, always works well.
Then cut up the chicken into chunks to your liking for chicken salad. Pour some of the pan juices from roasting the chicken over the cut up meat. You can refrigerate it easily at this point and make the rest of the salad later.
2. Chop onions and saute in poultry fat from the roast chicken until browned and soft. Turn off, add chopped dried tomatoes and dried currants and a bit of the roasting juices and chopped fennel if using it. Stir into the chopped chicken.
3. Make the Cilantro-Lime Yogurt Dressing
1 cup yogurt
1/4 cup Cilantro Mojo Sauce (or cilantro & garlic would probably do)
2-3 teaspoons Maple Syrup
2-3 Tablespoons Lime juice
salt & pepper
Mix all dressing ingredients together and then mix with chicken.
Eat and enjoy!