Tomatoes are coming in strong. Enjoy the various heirlooms and cherry tomatoes including some new varieties such as Jaune Flamme, a french heirloom. Speaking of French varieties, our freedom ranger (a french developed variety) chicken will be back!
Fresh chicken as early as 6 pm (we hope) on Thursday and through the weekend in the farmstand. Then frozen ones will be available. A great time to get some fresh chickens and cut them up for your own freezer. See our how to video!
Any items marked with “Lots” is available in processing volumes. If you plan to do so let us know and we will harvest extra.
This week at our Farmstand you can find:
• Raw Goat’s Milk (on farm only)
Fresh/Stored Veggies & Fruits
• Fresh Beets with Greens – Plenty!
• Black Currants, Pick-Your-Own Thursday 4-7 or Saturday 10-1
• Baby Carrots
• Chard, Fresh, LOTS!
• Fennel, LOTS!
• Green Beans
• Kale, LOTS
• Lettuce Mix
• Peppers – sweet & hot
• Pesto: Arugula, Basil, Cilantro, & Kale
• Summer Squash & Zucchini
• Tomatillos (Lots!)
• Tomatoes, cherry, salad & slicing
Herbs -Pick Your Own & Farmstand
• Anise Hyssop
• Nasturtium Flowers
• Summer Savory
• Pork Belly
• Small boneless Pork Cuts – cutlets, grilling steaks, side pork, etc.
• Bones, Pork & Goat
• Chicken, Fresh Roasting! (through the weekend, then frozen)
• Country Style Pork Ribs
• Fat, Pork Leaf
• Fat, Pork Back
• Pork Jowl
• Ground Goat
• Goat Ribs/Goat Breast
• Ham Steaks
• Leg of Goat Roasts
• Offals – all sorts!
• Pork Chops
• Pork Ribs – Baby Back & Spare Ribs
• Pork Roasts – Shoulder, semi-boneless rib roasts, Boneless boston butt, and more
• Smoked Polish Sausage
• Turkey Breast
• Turkey Wings
From the Pantry & Prepared Foods
• Dilly Beans
• Green Tomato Pickles (Curried, smokey & Relish)
• Hot Sauces – canned & frozen
• Pickled Jalapeños
• Tomato Juice
• Heirloom Tomato Salsa: Mild, Medium, Smokey, Chunky, or No-Salt versions
• Tomato Paste
• Dried Hot Peppers
• Farmhouse Soups:Vegetarian Borscht & Carrot Ginger
From our Friends
• Maple Syrup from Brookfield Bees
• BEANS! – Black Beans & King of the Early from Morningstar Meadows Farm
• Pumpkin Puree from Two Worlds Farm
• Honey from Brookfield Bees
• Caramel from Fat Toad Farm
• Organic Shopping Bags from Spotted Dog Farm
*Items in italics and from our farm friends are not included in the Omnivore Share, but are available to Omnivore’s at a 10% discount.