Marbles..goat or is he Tigger?

Marbles, our 5 week old kid goat, makes me think of Winnie the Pooh’s friend Tigger so very often. I even get the Tigger song in my head, “They’re bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy fun, fun, fun, fun, fun. But the most wonderful things about Tiggers, is I’m the only one.”

Marbles bounces and jumps, on whatever is around. On his mother, Martha, on the wall, me, hay bales. He has a zest for life. Most of our animals have a great zest for life, but Marbles tops them at the moment. You can’t help but laugh as you watch him. He even has a habit of hurdling over Martha when they are outside. I think just because he can. Why not? It is good to embrace what we can do when we can do it, right? I don’t think he’ll be able to bounce that high forever. But if he can, we’ll think about a circus act.

6 Comments

1. Barbara
    Posted October 24, 2009 at 9:19 am | Permalink

Loved the video, Thanks for sharing.

2. Green Mountain Girls Farm
    Posted October 24, 2009 at 11:00 am | Permalink

He has lots of joy to share. Glad you enjoyed it!

3. Joanna@BooneDocksWilcox
    Posted October 25, 2009 at 11:16 pm | Permalink

feeling good!

4. StuBee
    Posted November 2, 2009 at 8:47 am | Permalink

Sounds like Marbles takes after Mari – with her zest for life!

5. Katie
    Posted November 8, 2009 at 8:55 pm | Permalink

Aww Marbles is so adorable! I can't believe he is already so big! He made me laugh and I'm looking forward to seeing him in December (and you two as well!)

6. Green Mountain Girls Farm
    Posted November 11, 2009 at 8:48 pm | Permalink

He is a crazy youngster, but doing well thanks to the good start he got. Glad travels are going well. All bodies (farmers and animals) on the farm miss you and wish you well.